Monday, May 27, 2013

Plein Air Day in Green Lake

A one-day plein air event yesterday--went to it kind of spur of the moment & it was the perfect way to ease into this new world of painting outdoors, fast, and with a time limit! I had about 5 hours yesterday, but when I do the Cedarburg event in a few weeks I'll have about 10 days. Most useful tool yesterday, which I fortunately had with me, was a very fine tweezers. Why? Because I painted this on a dock, and there was a hatch of some tiny winged insect that kept landing on, and getting stuck to, the wet paint! Never have that problem in the studio. Also got quite a sunburn because it never occurred to me that even though it was 60 degrees the sun will still get you! Overall a great day, great experience, and confidence builder for the next one.
 This painting is available to purchase at Arts of Daycholah Gallery in Green Lake, WI.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 " You're gonna ruin it ."  Those 4 little words are the artist's constant companion as they work. It tends to happen towa...