Monday, July 9, 2012

A fun exercise this weekend! I found these tiny 3"x3" canvases at the art store. I thought they might be great for my show this coming Saturday--have some really small (inexpensive) things for sale. Tom thought not! Then he said, "Well, if you could paint each one in 5 minutes, then it would probably be worth doing." Fine! I took up the challenge.

So yesterday I sat down & he set the timer. 5 minutes turned out to be not very realistic--however, these were each 10-15 minutes, so still very quick. Great exercise in turning off your brain & trying to just get shapes/values down quickly. And I still think they're cute! They're definitely going in the show.


One more:


No comments:

Post a Comment

 " You're gonna ruin it ."  Those 4 little words are the artist's constant companion as they work. It tends to happen towa...