Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Purse Kit! :)

I found a teeny 3" x 4" spiral bound book of watercolor paper a few weeks ago, which inspired me to put together a tiny plein air kit that would fit into my purse! I had my first chance to try it out today. I also bought a small squirrel quill brush, which I am already deeply in love with.   I have learned that squirrel brushes are the best ever, and with this new addition I now have 3 of them, with which I paint 99% of the time! They're expensive, but they're so amazing. 
I actually bought my first one years ago kind of by mistake--it's an angled mop brush & was in the wrong bin so I thought it was a different price. At the register I was too embarrassed to tell them I didn't want it after all......and of course as soon as I tried it there was no going back; it's been my favorite since then. Now I have 2 more, and I feel lucky to have such a luxury! They make painting with watercolors so much easier.

Here's the little kit (there's also a pencil & eraser in the zippered pouch). The little hairspray bottle holds water.

And here are today's 2 little sketches

No comments:

Post a Comment

 " You're gonna ruin it ."  Those 4 little words are the artist's constant companion as they work. It tends to happen towa...